You’ll be well prepared for careers in writing, editing, business, secondary and community college teaching, and other professions seeking broadly educated individuals with excellent analytic and communication skills.
Many of our English MA graduates at Auburn University pursue teaching and research careers and go on to attend doctoral programs in English, while others use their training to develop their craft as creative writers.
We offer three graduate tracks:
- Creative Writing
- Rhetoric and Composition
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fiction Writing
- Poetry Writing
- Creative Nonfiction
- One pre-1800 literature course
- One technical and professional communication, rhetoric and composition, or linguistics course
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 794 other Masters in Languages in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Auburn University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- Up to three (3) letters of recommendation may be required by the department. Applicants should contact the department to find out, first, if letters are required. If so, how many? And how should these letters be submitted?
- One official transcript of all undergraduate and any graduate credits from each school previously attended. If an Auburn University transcript, the Graduate School will acquire the transcript for you
- International applicants should provide an official original language transcript and final diploma/certificate(s) accompanied by a certified English translation of each document.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33482 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16741 USD per semester during 12 months.
National33482 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16741 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State12170 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6085 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Auburn
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.