Graduate work in Computational and Applied Mathematics from Rice University involves intensive course study in small classes, close interaction with professors, and immediate opportunities to participate in seminars and to engage in research projects.
We have weekly colloquia featuring experts from leading universities and research laboratories who describe their recent work in critical research areas. We also have a weekly lunch-time seminar for student presentations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computational science
- Numerical analysis
- Linear and integer programming
- Introduction to engineering computation
- Matrix analysis
- Differential equations in science and engineering
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics View 211 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in United States
- GPA Requirement 3.0 or higher
- TOEFL scores if the applicant's native language is not English (a TOEFL score of 600 or higher on the paper test or 90 or higher on the iBT version is required for admission to Rice), or IELTS score in lieu of TOEFL (an IELTS score of 7 or greater is required) and;
- At least three letters of recommendation from teachers or advisors;
- Unofficial transcripts of grades from all undergraduate and graduate schools attended
- General GRE scores (use the code 6609 for Rice; do not worry about a department code)
International50310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50310 USD per year during 12 months.
National50310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50310 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Houston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.