How Duke University's Master in Risk Engineering (with concentration in Energy and Climate Systems) program Will Differentiate You in Your Career
- Engineering positions in model-based risk assessment increasingly require master's-level training.
- Analysis and management of risks in the modern world requires knowledge of the economic, policy, and societal context, in addition to the technical and mathematical foundations.
- Expertise in probabilistic modeling, data analysis, risk assessment, and decision-making under uncertainty is critically important to a broad range of academic, industrial, and governmental career paths.
- Graduates from this program will be prepared to work in a wide variety of sectors including risk assessment, engineering and business consulting, insurance and re-insurance industry, financial engineering, and infrastructure analysis, among others.
- Students completing the program will be well-prepared to continue on in PhD programs in systems engineering, financial engineering, operations research, or infrastructure engineering.
- Management of High Tech Industries
- Business Fundamentals for Engineers
- Uncertainty and Risk in Engineering
- Linear Systems Theory
- System Identification
- Numerical Optimization
- Nonlinear Dynamics
- Air Pollution Control Engineering
- Modeling for Energy Systems
- Energy and the Environment
- Transportation and Energy
- Energy Technology and Impact on the Environment
- Energy Economics and Policy
- Climate Change and Climate Modeling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Energy & Power Engineering Sustainable Energy View 94 other Masters in Sustainable Energy in United States
Average grade-point averages of recently admitted Duke MEng applicants were 3.4-3.7.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Duke University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or science from an accredited institution (transcripts required, including an estimated GPA and a grade scale)
- Statement of Purpose
- Three recommendations
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or equivalent—official results
- English Language Testing (TOEFL or IELTS)—official results
- Interview and/or a video introduction
- Nonrefundable application fee of US$75— paid by credit card, or by a check made payable to Duke University
International60220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30110 USD per semester during 24 months.
National60220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30110 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Durham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.