The Master of Science in Civil Engineering - GeoEnvironmental program at University of Massachusetts Lowell offers an opportunity to pursue a broad range of interests in the fields of environmental and water resources engineering. The course of study is designed to meet an individual student's interests and career goals.
Programs consist of civil engineering courses in water and wastewater treatment, environmental chemistry, hydrology, hydraulics, air pollution control, environmental law and policy and may include courses from allied disciplines such as biological and health sciences, environmental studies, chemistry and work environment. The program of study consists of five core courses and elective courses. Undergraduate course prerequisites must be completed before beginning graduate course work.
The solution of environmental problems related to soil and/or groundwater often requires knowledge of both Geotechnical and Environmental Engineering.
The Geoenvironmental program provides fundamental training in soil mechanics, groundwater hydrology, environmental chemistry, and soil engineering. Course work is offered in each area as well as in courses that combine disciplines generally required in the solution of complex site problems, such as, landfill design, remediation of hazardous waste sites, dewatering and soil improvement.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Advanced Soil Mechanics
- Geotechnical Environmental Site Characterization
- Engineering with Geosynthetics
- Soil Engineering
- Physical and Chemical Hydrogeology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
- National Students - UMass Lowell Graduate Admissions offers rolling admissions for all programs
DisciplinesPhysics Mathematics Chemistry View 547 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Online Application form with signature.
- Felony Disclosure Form
- Certified copies of university academic transcripts and final degree certificate.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (IELTS or TOEFL score ONLY).
- Three signed letters of reference – academic or professional.
- Statement of purpose (student’s full name clearly stated on each page).
- Original Bank Statement/Financial Documents (no older than 6 months), if the bank statements are not in student’s name, please provide a letter of support
International26370 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26370 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National26370 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26370 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State14590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14590 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.