The Master of Science in Biotechnology, and the Master of Science in Biological Sciences - Biotechnology Option at University of Massachusetts Lowell provide the advanced study and training necessary to conduct independent research at a professional level and to be successful in today's competitive academic and industrial research markets.
Students in the program will be encouraged to explore quantitative approaches to the solution of problems in the basic and applied biological sciences. Depending on their career goals, students may choose either research or course work options within the Department, or from the interdisciplinary Biotechnology option. All candidates for the master's degree are expected to demonstrate sufficient knowledge and skills to pursue independent and creative research activities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Techniques in Biochemistry
- Professional Communication in Science and Technology
- Recombinant Protein Production
- Genomics Laboratory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
- National Students - UMass Lowell Graduate Admissions offers rolling admissions for all programs
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Educational Research View 843 other Masters in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Online Application form with signature.
- Felony Disclosure Form
- Certified copies of university academic transcripts and final degree certificate.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (IELTS or TOEFL score ONLY).
- Three signed letters of reference – academic or professional.
- Statement of purpose (student’s full name clearly stated on each page).
- Original Bank Statement/Financial Documents (no older than 6 months), if the bank statements are not in student’s name, please provide a letter of support
International26370 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26370 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National26370 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26370 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State14590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14590 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.