The goal of the Computer Arts program at School of Visual Arts is to develop artists who will continue to challenge norms, question standards, and surprise people long after they leave SVA. Being based in NYC also offers a significantly enhanced cultural experience including music, theater, food, museums and of course world renowned art galleries.
The students come from all around the globe, providing unique cultural perspectives to the creative process. Our combination of small class sizes, working professionals as faculty and guest lectures provide in-depth exposure to all areas of animation, motion graphics and fine art.
Why We Stand Out:
- Founded in 1986 (and with a network of over 1000 alumni) the SVA MFA Computer Arts Department was the first MFA program in the USA to focus on computer art
- The first-year curriculum strengthens and broadens the student's knowledge and creative approach to digital art in preparation for the thesis year
- The second year revolves around the thesis process: the completion of a body of creative work, combined with academic research and an artist’s statement.
- The first- and second-year academic programs are supplemented by workshops, visiting artists, guest lectures and internship opportunities
- Computer Systems
- Digital Art Seminar
- Programming for Animators
- Technical Direction
- Web Programming
- App Design and Development
- Creative Programming for Artists
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Computer Sciences View 750 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application & Fee
- Statement of Purpose
- Letters of Recommendation
- Official Transcripts
- Transcripts or Academic Records from Foreign Institutions
- English Proficiency
International48600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24300 USD per semester during 24 months.
National48600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24300 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.