The Interdisciplinary Studies program of The University of Maine is based on the assumption that technical competence and specialized training are best employed in combination with knowledge traditionally fostered by the liberal arts and sciences. Through core seminars, an individualized program of study, and the completion of a master’s project, students may explore major issues and synthesize knowledge from several disciplines.
Similar programs have attracted professionals who feel they need further study to investigate complex issues connected with their work or interests. Some teachers and librarians find such a course of study an alternative to graduate work in education or in another single discipline. Others see the program as an improvement over a self-directed study of reading or participation in a series of unrelated courses beyond the baccalaureate degree. By emphasizing the integration of knowledge in different disciplines, the program offers a unique alternative to traditional graduate study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Special Topics in College Teaching
- Life Transitions and Health in Aging
- Seminar in Quaternary Studies
- Marine Invertebrate Zoology
- Integration of GIS and Remote Sensing Data Analysis in Natural Resource Applications
- Marine Benthic Ecology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology Biology Computer Sciences View 347 other Masters in Sociology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An e-mail to email@example.com from a faculty member at the University of Maine who has agreed to serve as the primary advisor.
- Two letters of recommendation. Students are strongly encouraged to use the online letter of recommendation feature within the online application or have recommenders send an electronic copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Official college/university transcripts from all institutions attended.
- Application for graduate degree. The online application feature allows applicants to include an essay which presents student’s life experiences as well as objectives and reasons for applying to the program.
- Online application fee of $65.00.
International1503 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1503 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1503 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1503 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State461 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 461 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.