The M.A.T. in French (30 credits) has been redesigned with the collaboration of the campuses of The University of Maine System specifically to meet the needs of Maine’s schools.
- Candidates take seven to eight courses (21-24 credits) in language, literature, culture and linguistics in the target language, one course in language pedagogy (MLC 466/566) and one course on teaching the exceptional student in English (SED 500).
- An oral exam and a professional teaching portfolio which illustrates the candidate’s familiarity with Maine’s teaching standards and his/her readiness to teach a second language in the K-12 classroom are the final requirements for both degrees.
- The Teaching of Foreign Languages
- French Film Survey
- Seminar in North American French Language
- Seminar in the Theatre
- Seminar in Literature of the Nineteenth Century
- Seminar in the Novel
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Language Studies Linguistics View 999 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
- Completed online application
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcript of all previous college or university work
- Official test scores
- $65 application fee
International29214 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29214 USD per year during 12 months.
National29214 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29214 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State9738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9738 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Orono
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.