Students can earn their MHA online or at our Washington, D.C. and Virginia campuses. The Master of Healthcare Administration degree supports the mission of University of the Potomac-VA Campus supports students in establishing an academic pathway that best satisfies their needs and relates these needs to their course of study as well as their professional healthcare goals.
The University’s emphasis on theory combined with the practical application of that theory creates a perfect environment to prepare students to progress in the world of work. Students also have the option to pursue an MBA with a concentration in Healthcare Administration.
While many similar topics are covered in both degrees, the MHA degree will provide more healthcare focus and is probably a better fit for students focused on a healthcare administration career path.
As the backbone of healthcare systems, healthcare administrators take on the duties of overseeing vast expanses of medical personnel. As the structure and financing of the healthcare industry changes, healthcare administrators must be able to adapt to new environments. However, administrators are still in great demand despite the evolving industry.
- Health Care Systems
- Managing Health Care Organizations
- Healthcare Policy, Law, and Ethics
- Decision Analysis for Healthcare Managers
- Physician Group Practice Management
- Global Health Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration View 1622 other Masters in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete an admissions interview conducted in person or via online methods.
- An undergraduate degree in order to enroll in University of the Potomac master’s programs: four-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent in other countries.
- International applicants 16 with a 3-year undergraduate degree may be admitted on the recommendation of the Admission Committee which will be based on students’ preparation.
- Two Letters of recommendation from individuals who may be a direct supervisor or university faculty member. *This requirement may be waived for those students with Master level transfer credits*.
- One required essay, in MSWord document form, addressing the student’s preparation for the graduate program.
International11250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5625 USD per semester during 12 months.
National5850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2925 USD per semester during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.