At Composition from University of North Carolina School of the Arts you are engaged in answering this question on a daily basis – honing your craft, expanding your horizons, engaging in constant creative inquiry – under the guidance of established, experienced mentors. Our Composition Seminars are lively opportunities for you to gather, sometimes with special guests, to discuss some of the most important issues facing all of us. With professional training schools in dance, design, drama and filmmaking, in addition to music, UNCSA provides a special environment for collaboration and artistic exploration.
Our graduates started their careers as composers.
- Composition Lessons
- Opera Studies
- Music Theory and Composition Pedagogy
- Music Technology Research
- Career Strategies: Recording
- Career Strategies: Auditions
- Career Strategies: Entrepreneurship
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Musicology Music Composition View 569 other Masters in Musicology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed application signed by the applicant, along with the nonrefundable application fee.
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably one from an arts instructor and one from an academic instructor.
- Official transcript(s) or previous college work. The documents must bear the school seal or signature of a school
- A resume
- Artistic statement
- Required application documents, as needed by conservatory
International23899 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23899 USD per year during 24 months.
National23899 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23899 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State9196 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9196 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Winston-Salem
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.