Collaborative Piano from University of North Carolina School of the Arts coursework will include two seminars specific to collaborative piano: the literature seminar, which, during two years, focuses on principal instrumental and vocal literature, and the support skills seminar, which allows you to develop a myriad of professional skills. These seminars are also open to students majoring in piano and organ at the graduate level. To enhance the vocal component of this program, you will enroll in the diction classes for singers. You are also encouraged to include organ, harpsichord and/or conducting electives in your course of study.
Graduates of the collaborative piano program at UNCSA are all working professional musicians. Alumni work in staff positions in music schools and other institutions, pursue doctorate degrees, teach, play freelance and work as dance musicians.
- Large Ensemble or Chamber Ensemble
- Support Skills for Collaborative Pianists
- Quick-Study Examination
- Opera Studies
- Career Strategies: Recording
- Career Strategies: Auditions
- Career Strategies: Portfolio
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Musicology Music Performance View 569 other Masters in Musicology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed application signed by the applicant, along with the nonrefundable application fee.
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably one from an arts instructor and one from an academic instructor.
- Official transcript(s) or previous college work. The documents must bear the school seal or signature of a school
- A resume
- Artistic statement
- Required application documents, as needed by conservatory
International23899 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23899 USD per year during 24 months.
National23899 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23899 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State9196 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9196 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Winston-Salem
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.