Maybe you want a more hands-on role in diagnosing and treating patients. Or you have a passion for guiding patients toward smart health choices. Or you’re simply ready to have more autonomy in your nursing practice. Accomplish all three as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) — and get there with a degree program that won’t disrupt your schedule.
In this Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner program at University of Phoenix, you’ll be prepared to:
- Assume leadership roles in advanced nursing practice and educational settings
- Perform comprehensive or symptom-focused physical exams
- Order, perform and interpret diagnostic and screening tests
- Offer preventive care
What can you do with a Master of Science in Nursing/Family Nurse Practitioner?
An MSN/FNP can help prepare you to be a:
- Family nurse practitioner
- Nurse practitioner
- Advanced practice registered nurse
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Health Policy And Role Of The Advanced Practice Nurse
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Clinical Applications Of Theory And Research
- Advanced Health Assessment
- Management Of Pediatric And Adolescent Populations
- Adult And Geriatric Management
- Management Of Women's Health Issues
- Advanced Health Assessment II And Clinical Procedures
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
You have 8-10 opportunities all year long to start your online master’s degree, so you can begin when it best suits your schedule.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing View 1399 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Must have an undergraduate degree from an approved, college or university with institutional accreditation, or hold a comparable degree from a recognized institution outside the United States.
- Must meet work experience requirements or have access to an organizational environment, depending on your selected degree program.
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or hold an approved, valid visa if residing in the United States.
- Not have been expelled from a previous institution.
- Meet the English proficiency admission requirement.
International10368 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 540 USD per credit during 30 months.
National10368 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 540 USD per credit during 30 months.
Living costs for Phoenix
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.