You’ll learn how to clinically assess client populations coping with substance use and abuse, anxiety and depression, marriage and family issues, military transition and other focus areas. A broad overview of these clinical specialties will help you identify which one you’re most passionate about pursuing.
In this Counseling - Clinical Mental Health Counseling degree at University of Phoenix, you’ll learn to:
- Apply clinical skills to help clients improve relationships, advance personal growth, and face crisis or trauma
- Understand mental health environments, including private practice, hospitals, and public and private mental health agencies
- Develop skills in cultural competency and client advocacy
- Integrate legal and ethical considerations into your practice
What can you do with a Master of Science in Counseling/Clinical Mental Health?
An MSC/CCMH can prepare you to be a:
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Mental Health Counselor
- Individual And Family Development Across The Life Span
- Personality Theories And Counseling Models
- Multi-cultural Issues In Mental Health Counseling
- Fundamental Counseling Skills
- Legal, Ethical, And Professional Issues In Counseling
- Research Methods For Mental Health Counselors
- Career And Vocational Counseling
- Basic Clinical Assessment And Psychometrics
- Psychopathology: Advanced Clinical Assessment
- Individual Counseling
- Crisis Intervention And Trauma
- Dependency And Addictions
- Family, Couple, And Child Counseling
- 35 months
Start dates & application deadlines
You have 8-10 opportunities all year long to start your online master’s degree, so you can begin when it best suits your schedule.
DisciplinesPublic Health Clinical Psychology Counselling Psychology View 115 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United States
- Must have an undergraduate degree from an approved, college or university with institutional accreditation, or hold a comparable degree from a recognized institution outside the United States.
- Must meet work experience requirements or have access to an organizational environment, depending on your selected degree program.
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or hold an approved, valid visa if residing in the United States.
- Not have been expelled from a previous institution.
- Meet the English proficiency admission requirement.
International14358 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 698 USD per credit during 35 months.
National14358 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 698 USD per credit during 35 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.