You’ll learn how to clinically assess client populations coping with substance use and abuse, anxiety and depression, marriage and family issues, military transition and other focus areas. A broad overview of these clinical specialties will help you identify which one you’re most passionate about pursuing.
In this Counseling - Clinical Mental Health Counseling degree at University of Phoenix, you’ll learn to:
- Apply clinical skills to help clients improve relationships, advance personal growth, and face crisis or trauma
- Understand mental health environments, including private practice, hospitals, and public and private mental health agencies
- Develop skills in cultural competency and client advocacy
- Integrate legal and ethical considerations into your practice
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Individual And Family Development Across The Life Span
- Personality Theories And Counseling Models
- Multi-cultural Issues In Mental Health Counseling
- Fundamental Counseling Skills
- Legal, Ethical, And Professional Issues In Counseling
- Research Methods For Mental Health Counselors
- Career And Vocational Counseling
- Basic Clinical Assessment And Psychometrics
- Psychopathology: Advanced Clinical Assessment
- Individual Counseling
- Crisis Intervention And Trauma
- Dependency And Addictions
- Family, Couple, And Child Counseling
- 42 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCounselling View 874 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- All academic records from international colleges and countries outside the United States are evaluated by the evaluation service provided by University of Phoenix.
- A valid, acceptable visa or resident alien status is required if an applicant lives and/or works in the United States and is not a U.S. citizen.
International698 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 698 USD per credit during 42 months.
National698 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 698 USD per credit during 42 months.
Living costs for Phoenix
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.