Throughout Costume Design from University of North Carolina School of the Arts, you will learn to tell stories through drama, comedy, opera, musicals, films, dance, circus and a variety of entertainment models.
The Costume Design graduate program is structured so that each semester, the theoretical work in the classroom focuses on different genres of theater and entertainment.
Alumni of our Costume Design program have all had great success building careers in professional costume design. Some even have Tony nominations as proof. You can see our graduates’ creativity shine in various Broadway and off-Broadway productions, on dance stages and in numerous regional theaters across the country. Many work in film and television and in a wide variety of other entertainment forms.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Life Drawing
- Costume Rendering
- Graduate Menswear
- Wet Media
- Costume Design
- Digital Rendering
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts View 723 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants should have completed an undergraduate degree or be scheduled for completion of a degree prior to the upcoming Fall semester.
- Test Scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Letter of Intent
- A copy of your current passport
- If you hold an F-1 Visa, submit a copy of your visa and Form I-20
- Complete a Certificate of Financial Responsibility
- Portfolio - Renderings or costume sketches, photographs or slides of produced costumes, millinery, accessories, demonstrations of patterning, tailoring skills; figure-drawing; work in watercolors, acrylic, ink, etc.
International23203 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23203 USD per year during 36 months.
National23203 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23203 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State9196 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9196 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Winston-Salem
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.