The Higher and Postsecondary Education Program develops knowledgeable practitioners in three domains of higher and postsecondary education: its educational core (teaching and learning, student and professional development), its organizational and institutional framework (institutional planning, organizational development, policymaking and implementation), and its social positioning and comparative potential (civic engagement, philanthropy, benefits of higher education in a diverse society).
Teachers College at Columbia University Career Education & Professional Development encourages students from all academic disciplines to incorporate career learning into the larger scope of daily life to aid in making a positive impact in the diverse worldwide community. We are committed to empowering all Teachers College students with the skills, resources and opportunities needed to pursue and achieve their post-graduate goals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to research methods in education, or equivalent with advisor approval
- Purposes and policies of higher education
- Curriculum and instruction in higher education
- The American college student
- College student development theories
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEducation View 3549 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants from the U.S. are required to hold, or be in the process of obtaining, a 120-credit baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution as recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- International applicants must hold, or be in the process of obtaining, the equivalent of a 120-credit U.S. baccalaureate degree.
- All applicants must have a conferred baccalaureate degree before matriculating at Teachers College.
International1768 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1768 USD per credit during 12 months.
National1768 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1768 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.