Students become eligible for BOC certification through an athletic training degree program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE). Students engage in rigorous classroom study and clinical education in a variety of practice settings such as high schools, colleges/universities, hospitals, emergency rooms, physician offices and healthcare clinics over the course of the degree program. Students enrolled in their final term are eligible to apply for the BOC exam.The Master of Athletic Training (MAT) Program at the University of Houston is an entry-level professional Master’s degree accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE).
The MAT degree is designed to meet the current curricular content for the profession and prepare the MAT Student to meet the requirements to sit for the Board of Certification (BOC) for Athletic Training and enter the medical profession as an Athletic Trainer.Through rigorous classroom study and clinical education assignments in a variety of settings with any one of the MAT Program’s clinical affiliated sites and community partnerships, the MAT Student will gain the knowledge, skills, and abilities to meet the demands of the profession.Employment settings for Athletic Trainers include:
- Professional and Collegiate Sports
- Secondary and Intermediate Schools
- Sports Medicine Clinics
- Hospital Emergency Room and Rehabilitation Clinics
- Occupational Settings
- Fitness Centers
- Physician Offices
More informationVisit official programme website
- Anatomical Basis of Athletic Injury
- Therapeutic Modalities of Athletic Injuries
- Upper Extremity Evaluation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSports Sciences View 412 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
- Major GPA of at least a 3.0. A cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.6 is required to be considered for graduate school at The University of Houston
- Three academic/professional letters of reference
- Current resume
- Statement of professional goals/ personal statement
- Application Fee ($70 domestic applicants/$100 international applicants)
- Observation hours form with 50 completed hours
- MAT application agreement
International895 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 895 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National895 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 895 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State386 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 386 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.