The Acting program of The Juilliard School provides intensive training in movement, voice, the Alexander Technique, and other core aspects of the craft, allowing students to develop a comprehensive, embodied understanding of the actor’s work and to apply that understanding to a diverse dramatic repertoire in rehearsal and production.
The outline below shows the required distribution of credits by year for the four-year Master of Fine Arts degree program in Drama.
The fourth and final year of the MFA in Acting is tuition-free to all students and also includes a living stipend.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Scene Study
- Alexander Technique
- Fundamentals of Movement
- Speech I: Foundation
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 320 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor's degree or its equivalent by the time you enroll
- English language fluency
- Online application
- Juilliard’s Admissions Committee uses your essay(s) to learn more about you as an individual and gain a sense of who you are beyond your application, transcript, and audition
- In your application you will be required to identify a teacher, director, or coach who can discuss your work as an actor and provide a recommendation
- An artistic resume must be uploaded as part of the online application. The resume should be 1-2 pages
- A photograph or headshot is required
- Prescreening is required as part of the online application if you currently reside outside of the United States and Canada. This requirement does not depend on citizenship status or permanent address and cannot be waived
International49260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 49260 USD per year during 48 months.
National49260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 49260 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.