The program is designed to provide professional preparation for the accounting industry. Many states/jurisdictions now require or will require 150 semester hours of education for obtaining the CPA certification. Shorter University’s MAcc is a 31 semester hour program designed for individuals with an undergraduate degree in accounting or a related discipline.
- MAcc candidates will demonstrate the ability to research complex accounting-related issues and develop solutions to problems where needed. (Educational Principles IV, VIII)
- MAcc candidates will demonstrate a deeper knowledge of the accounting industry and of the accounting skills of professional judgment, regulations, reporting standards, International Financial Reporting, Standards, auditing and assurance services, tax services, research, management, and ethics. (University Mission, Educational Principles II, IV, VIII)
- MAcc candidates will demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in accounting-related issues. (Educational Principles III)
- MAcc candidates will demonstrate the ability to effectively utilize computer hardware and software applications commonly used in the accounting industry. (Educational Principles III)
- MAcc candidates will demonstrate the ability to integrate and apply their acquired knowledge and skills to effectively analyze and resolve cross-functional business issues. (Educational Principles I, IV)
- MAcc candidates will demonstrate the ability to solve problems and present solutions by collaboration. (Educational Principles III, IV, V, VIII)
- MAcc candidates will demonstrate the ability to use religious and ethical values in order to maintain spiritual, emotional and mental competencies in the accounting profession and industry. (University Mission, Educational Principles VI, VII)
- MAcc candidates will demonstrate competency in the discipline content and the desire to become lifelong learners. (University Mission, Educational Principles III, IV, VIII)
- MAcc candidates will understand the ethical and legal responsibilities of their profession. (University Mission, Educational Principles II, III, V, VIII)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Current Issues in Accounting
- Seminar: Auditing & Assurance Serv.
- Seminar: Internal Auditing & Fraud
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesAccounting View 147 other Masters in Accounting in United States
- Complete the online application
- Submit the $25 application fee
- Submit all forms and official transcripts from EACH institution previously attended even if no credit was earned or grades received.
- Submit GMAT scores.
- Submit a Personal Statement of Objectives that describes how the completion of the MAcc degree will affect the applicant’s professional performance and career goals.
- Submit a Resume
- Two Professional Recommendation Letters
- Students for who English is a second language will submit a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- The applicant may include any additional supporting documents that would help the admissions committee in determining the potential success of the applicant.
International515 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 515 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National515 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 515 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.