Epidemiology is the science that studies the distribution, determinants, and patterns of disease in human populations. It is a cornerstone of public health, and informs policy decisions and evidence-based clinical practice by identifying risk factors for disease and targets for preventive healthcare.
The Epidemiology program of University of Rochester sits within a large urban medical center and all its clinical research resources and collaborative faculty at the University of Rochester. The University is home to numerous health sciences graduate programs and a large diverse student body. Students completing the program will be well prepared to take positions in academic research, private industry, government, and non-profit agencies.
Upon completion of the program, students will be:
- Able to understand and apply the epidemiologic methodologies and study designs used to examine factors associated with the development and prevention of disease.
- Able to apply the statistical tools necessary for analysis of such data applicable to public health outcomes.
- Prepared to take on positions in a wide variety of private and public institutions engaged in clinical and public health research and evaluation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Field of Epidemiology
- History of Epidemiology
- Cardiovascular Epidemiology
- Chronic Disease Epidemiology
- Nutritional Epidemiology
- Infectious Disease Epidemiology
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 1256 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have earned a U.S. baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from a college, university, or technical school of acceptable standing. Students in their final year of undergraduate study may be admitted on the condition that their bachelor's degrees are awarded before they matriculate. Evidence of the earned degree is required prior to matriculation in the form of an official transcript noting degree conferral.
- Create a SOPHAS application
- Statement of Purpose
- Uploaded copy of transcript(s) to online application
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Official GRE Scores
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores
International1784 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1784 USD per credit and a duration of 18 months.
National1784 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1784 USD per credit and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.