The Theology degree from Southern California Seminary can be completed in five years by taking 9 units each trimester.
The curriculum leading to the ThM degree is designed to help students develop a high level of competency in academic research by sharpening their exegetical and theological skills beyond the MDiv or its equivalent.
Upon successful completion of the Master of Theology program students will be able to:
- Recite the general knowledge of the Old and New Testaments including the themes and a synthetic understanding of the major books.
- Explain the historical development of Christian theology and philosophy.
- Methodologically evaluate major theological views in the light of biblical theology and defend premillennial theology.
- Demonstrate ability in the level of competency to exegete Greek and Hebrew texts of the Bible.
- Summarize a biblically based philosophy of Christian education and the role of the teacher
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Hermeneutics
- Analysis of Romans
- Elementary Greek
- Critical Thinking and Argumentation
- Apologetics and Christian Evidences
- History of Christian Philosophy
- Faith, Scholarship, and Role of the Teacher
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 566 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Apply for admission
- Request Official Transcripts
- Submit Essay (2-essays for DMin)
- Submit Reference (Pastor/Chaplain)
- Apply for Financial Aid
International433 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 433 USD per credit during 60 months.
National433 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 433 USD per credit during 60 months.
Living costs for El Cajon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.