Generally, graduates may serve in senior leadership positions in the pastorate, missions, christian education, youth ministry, chaplaincy, evangelism, denominational settings, and social work.
The Divinity degree at the Southern California Seminary can be completed in about three to four years by taking 9-12 units each trimester.
- Upon successful completion of the Master of Divinity program students will be able to:
- Interpret the content of the Old and New Testaments utilizing a literal-grammatical-historical hermeneutic;
- Demonstrate a graduate-level proficiency in theological research and writing;
- Articulate and defend a robust understanding of the foundational theological doctrines of the Christian faith;
- Expound Biblical truths in a variety of settings;
- Exegete both the Hebrew text of the Old Testament and the Greek text of the New Testament;
- Exhibit advanced skills for Christian leadership and ministry within the local church; and
- Develop a missional mindset for ministry.
- Critical Thinking and Argumentation
- Church History and Canonicity (Trimester)
- Old Testament 1: Genesis-Judges
- Exegesis to Exposition
- Spiritual Growth and Discipleship
- Theological Foundations of Missions
- 36 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
All parts of a student’s application should be received by SCS six months before the beginning of the fall or spring trimester.
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Ancient History View 293 other Masters in Ancient History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Apply for admission
- Request Official Transcripts
- Submit Essay (2-essays for DMin)
- Submit Reference (Pastor/Chaplain)
- Apply for Financial Aid
International14976 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 468 USD per credit during 36 months.
National14976 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 468 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for El Cajon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.