Generally, graduates may serve in senior leadership positions in the pastorate, missions, christian education, youth ministry, chaplaincy, evangelism, denominational settings, and social work.
The Divinity degree at the Southern California Seminary can be completed in about three to four years by taking 9-12 units each trimester.
- Upon successful completion of the Master of Divinity program students will be able to:
- Interpret the content of the Old and New Testaments utilizing a literal-grammatical-historical hermeneutic;
- Demonstrate a graduate-level proficiency in theological research and writing;
- Articulate and defend a robust understanding of the foundational theological doctrines of the Christian faith;
- Expound Biblical truths in a variety of settings;
- Exegete both the Hebrew text of the Old Testament and the Greek text of the New Testament;
- Exhibit advanced skills for Christian leadership and ministry within the local church; and
- Develop a missional mindset for ministry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Critical Thinking and Argumentation
- Church History and Canonicity (Trimester)
- Old Testament 1: Genesis-Judges
- Exegesis to Exposition
- Spiritual Growth and Discipleship
- Theological Foundations of Missions
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
Applications must be completed at least 3 months prior to the start of any trimester.
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 579 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Apply for admission
- Request Official Transcripts
- Submit Essay (2-essays for DMin)
- Submit Reference (Pastor/Chaplain)
- Apply for Financial Aid
International13856 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 433 USD per credit during 36 months.
National13856 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 433 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for El Cajon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.