This Christian Counseling program of study from Southern California Seminary is most useful for persons seeking to focus their education on the interdisciplinary counseling and Christian studies.
This program provides students with a biblical and theological foundation that is significant for counseling from a biblical worldview.
The program can be completed between 16-24 months if students take 9-12 units each trimester.
Upon successful completion of the Master of Arts in Christian Counseling program students will be able to:
- Interpret the content of the Old and New Testaments utilizing a literal-grammatical-historical hermeneutic;
- Demonstrate a graduate-level proficiency on a range of issues related to biblical studies and Christian counseling;
- Expound Biblical truths in a variety of settings;
- Apply biblical knowledge for spiritual growth and discipleship; and
- Demonstrate competencies in counseling from a biblical framework.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Theological Foundations of Counseling
- Marriage and Family Counseling
- Crisis Counseling
- Fundamentals of Biblical Counseling
- Conflict Resolution
- Faith Integration and Praxis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesChristian Studies Counselling View 119 other Masters in Christian Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Apply for admission
- Request Official Transcripts
- Submit Essay (2-essays for DMin)
- Submit Reference (Pastor/Chaplain)
- Apply for Financial Aid
International433 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 433 USD per credit during 12 months.
National433 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 433 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for El Cajon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.