By offering 12 units of electives as part of the curriculum, the MABS program allows students to focus on a particular area of interest.
This Biblical Studies program from the Southern California Seminary includes the preparation of a research thesis that should correspond to the students’ area of interest related to biblical and theological studies. The program can be completed in about two years if students take 9-12 units each trimester.
Upon successful completion of the Master of Arts in Biblical Studies Program students will be able to:
- Interpret the content of the Old and New Testaments utilizing a literal-grammatical-historical hermeneutic;
- Demonstrate a graduate-level proficiency in theological research and writing;
- Explain the foundational theological doctrines of the Christian faith;
- Expound Biblical truths in a variety of settings;
- Integrate biblical knowledge for spiritual growth, discipleship in vocational ministry; and
- Provide leadership in a variety of ministry contexts inside and outside of the local church.
- Church History and Canonicity (trimester)
- Gospels and Acts
- Critical Thinking and Argumentation
- Christian Ethics and Leadership
- Pauline Epistles and Hebrews
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
All parts of a student’s application should be received by SCS six months before the beginning of the fall or spring trimester.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Religious Studies & Theology View 804 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
- Apply for admission
- Request Official Transcripts
- Submit Essay (2-essays for DMin)
- Submit Reference (Pastor/Chaplain)
- Apply for Financial Aid
International14040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 468 USD per credit during 24 months.
National14040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 468 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for El Cajon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.