Participants typically come from a wide range of backgrounds who wish to develop their career and businesses, including:
- other poultry sector workers
How will I learn?
Our part-time, online programme is a fully flexible mix of technical, scientific, nutritional, and environmental and management-skills development modules. You can fit your studies in and around your work and other commitments. It is delivered largely by poultry specialists from Scotland’s Rural College (SRUC), and St David’s Poultry Team (veterinary surgeons).
Our graduates work in many different poultry related organisations across the globe such as:
- research establishments
- government organisations
- welfare organisations
Some set up their own poultry businesses.
Often our students are already employed in agricultural sciences, biological science, veterinary medicine, agriculture, rural industries, government, international organisations, or as research technicians in poultry science. Completion of the programme has enhanced their career opportunities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Poultry Housing & Environment
- Poultry Anatomy & Health
- Poultry Feed, Nutrition & Digestion
- Poultry Behaviour & Welfare in Commercial Systems
- Poultry Embryology & Incubation
- Poultry Breeding & Genetics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- MSc - 180
- PgCert - 60
- PgDip - 120
DisciplinesAnimal Sciences Plant & Crop Sciences View 28 other Masters in Animal Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in agriculture, veterinary science or a biological science.
- We may also consider your application if you have relevant work experience in the poultry industry for 3 or more years. Please contact the programme team to check before you apply. You may be admitted to certificate level only in the first instance.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International960 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 960 GBP per module during 72 months.
National960 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 960 GBP per module during 72 months.
- MSc: 10 credits £960; 20 credits £1,915; 60 credits £5,735
- PgDip, PgCert, PgProfDev: 10 credits £960; 20 credits £1,915
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.