SSU is known as 'the University by the Sea' and the Georgia estuarine salt marsh ecosystem is out the backdoor of our classrooms and laboratories. SSU's distinguished Marine Science Program is a partner institution of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Living Marine Resources Cooperative Science Center and is an associate member of the Consortium for Ocean Leadership.
The Marine Sciences program of Savannah State University prepares its graduates to address marine resource and coastal environmental issues through research, education, and outreach.
The graduate program provides a strong background that includes marine and related sciences, marine policy and management, and state-of-the-art research tools and skills. Through seminar and technical writing, and courses students investigate marine issues and develop professional skills in critical thinking, logical interpretations, and delivery of professional-quality presentations. There are three tracks of study; traditional marine science research, applied marine science, and professional advancement, all of which require at least 30 semester hours of courses plus 6 credits of thesis research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Marine Sciences
- Coastal Oceanography
- Technical Writing and Communication
- Research/Marine Science Seminar
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMarine Engineering View 57 other Masters in Marine Engineering in United States
- MSMS program applicants must hold a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- A STEM Bachelor's degree including one semester of Calculus is expected.
- Applicants are strongly advised to reach out to SSU faculty regarding potential thesis research.
- Grade point average of 3.0 or above preferred
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores
- Two letters of recommendation (academic and/or professional)
- Essay (500-1,000 words) detailing research interests and reasons for pursuing the MSMS degree
- SSU Graduate Program Application
- Official transcripts from each college/university attended
- A resume that highlights work experience, professional/personal accomplishments, etc.
- Match with an SSU thesis advisor
International726 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 726 USD per credit during 24 months.
National726 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 726 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State196 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 196 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Savannah
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.