Practitioners and pre-service students develop skills essential to successful public service careers. Our diverse student body is engaged in learning, community service, and research.
Like most professional degrees, earning the MPA degree can lead to successful careers in a wide variety of fields. Graduates of the Public Administration program of Savannah State University work in national, state and local government agencies; national, regional and local nonprofit organizations; international non-governmental organizations and more.
The MPA program seeks to:
- Prepare public managers to assume management and leadership positions in a variety of organizational settings in Coastal Georgia and beyond;
- Provide students with the knowledge, skills and abilities identified as important to job entry and career advancement;
- Help students develop and apply general public management knowledge and skills in solving problems typically faced by managers in the public and nonprofit sectors;
- Encourage students to demonstrate commitment to public service through such opportunities as internships, organized projects, and community involvement; and,
- Graduate students who have developed the knowledge, skills, and abilities to act ethically and effectively as public administrators who will lead and manage in public governance.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History, Scope, and Practice of Public Administration
- Organizational Theory and Behavior
- Management of Human Resources in the Public Sector
- Public Budgeting and Finance
- Statistical Applications for Public Administrators
- Research Methods in Public Administration
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Administration Public Policy View 367 other Masters in Public Policy in United States
- MPA program applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and show promise of high quality work on the graduate level.
- While there is no specific undergraduate course of study for admission, students must meet the prerequisites for courses in American National Government and Statistics.
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE), Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or Law School Admission Test (LSAT) scores
- Three professional recommendation letters
- Essay (500-1,000 words) detailing reasons for pursuing the MPA degree
- SSU graduate program application
- Official transcripts from each college/university attended (undergraduate and graduate)
- A one-page resume
- An in-person interview
International726 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 726 USD per credit during 12 months.
National726 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 726 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State196 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 196 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Savannah
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.