Practitioners and pre-service students develop skills essential to successful public service careers. Our diverse student body is engaged in learning, community service, and research.
Like most professional degrees, earning the MPA degree can lead to successful careers in a wide variety of fields. Graduates of the Public Administration program of Savannah State University work in national, state and local government agencies; national, regional and local nonprofit organizations; international non-governmental organizations and more.
The MPA program seeks to:
- Prepare public managers to assume management and leadership positions in a variety of organizational settings in Coastal Georgia and beyond;
- Provide students with the knowledge, skills and abilities identified as important to job entry and career advancement;
- Help students develop and apply general public management knowledge and skills in solving problems typically faced by managers in the public and nonprofit sectors;
- Encourage students to demonstrate commitment to public service through such opportunities as internships, organized projects, and community involvement; and,
- Graduate students who have developed the knowledge, skills, and abilities to act ethically and effectively as public administrators who will lead and manage in public governance.
- History, Scope, and Practice of Public Administration
- Organizational Theory and Behavior
- Management of Human Resources in the Public Sector
- Public Budgeting and Finance
- Statistical Applications for Public Administrators
- Research Methods in Public Administration
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Administration Public Policy View 692 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
- MPA program applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and show promise of high quality work at the graduate level. Only completed applications are reviewed by the admissions committee. Completed applications are evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Completed Online Application
- Two professional recommendation letters
- Statement of Purpose detailing the applicant's pertinent and professional experience, education, interest and goals in pursuing the MPA Degree (no more than 2 typewritten pages, single-spaced)
- Resume / Curriculum Vita
- Official transcripts from each college/university attended (undergraduate and graduate)
- For applicants with an undergraduate Overall GPA of 2.50 or higher, a GRE score is not required
International26136 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 726 USD per credit during 12 months.
National26136 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 726 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State7056 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 196 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Savannah
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.