Theological Studies from University of Redlands is a general academic degree, providing balanced exposure to theological disciplines while allowing for focus on an area of interest.
The M.A.T.S. offers the same breadth as the M.Div., but with greater flexibility. M.A.T.S. students develop a final paper integrating their learning and are not required to complete an internship. The M.A.T.S. may also be pursued part-time, and with the option to study online, on campus, or a combination of the two. It is ideal for those looking to enrich personal or professional development through theological education.
This degree is designed for students who:
- Are not seeking ordination, but wish to work in a church setting
- Are ordained, but desire further academic work in theological studies
- Wish to enhance their understanding of theological perspectives, religious practices, and/or principles of compassion to their vocations and professions
- Know a selected theological discipline
- Analyze and comprehend major questions in the field and alternative solutions to them
- Formulate and effectively explain an original solution to a theological problem
- Through Spiritual Care theory, practice, and research methods, learn to focus care on discovering and meeting the needs of those served
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Pentateuch & Former Prophets.
- New Testament: Paul.
- Church History, Theology, Ethics.
- Systemic Theology
- New Testament: Gospels/Acts.
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 565 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed application form
- Non-refundable application fee:$50 for US applicants, $250 for international applicants
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited school of higher education
- Five personal statements of approximately 300 to 500 words each
- Two references (professors or administrators) who can attest to your academic ability. If you have been out of college or graduate school for over five years, or come from a large university where you may be unknown to a professor or administrator, you may substitute two professional colleagues
- One reference of your choosing who is familiar with your professional practice or religious life
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary schoolwork (An in-process transcript showing work to date is acceptable for students without undergraduate degrees)
- A criminal background check through castlebranch.com and a Self-Disclosure Form
International18000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 USD per semester during 24 months.
National18000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Redlands
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.