The unique focus of the online Master of Professional Studies (MPS) in Nutritional Sciences program at Pennsylvania State University gives you the opportunity to learn from expert faculty who are leaders in the field. The Department of Nutritional Sciences at Penn State has, in addition to its highly respected, accredited undergraduate program, a dietetic internship and graduate program ranked in the top-tier, compared to peer institutions.
This online professional master's degree is designed for registered dietitian nutritionists (RDNs) who are interested in enhancing their careers and advancing their skills, or for students who hold an undergraduate degree in a nutrition-related field.
Penn State nutrition graduates occupy positions in academia, government, the private sector, and professional societies and organizations. As a graduate of this program, you could be well prepared for employment in many nutrition practice settings, including:
- clinics and outpatient care centers
- medical group practices
- federal, state, and public health agencies
- the food industry
- nutritional consultation services
- Research Methods
- Leadership in the Nutrition Profession
- Advanced Nutrient Metabolism
- Nutritional Assessment and Diagnosis
- Advanced Clinical Nutrition
- Advanced Nutrition and Health Program Planning
- Food Systems and Organization Management
- Supervised Experiential Learning Food Systems and Organization Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences Biochemistry View 92 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Pennsylvania State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor's degree in nutrition, animal sciences, food science, dietetics, or a related biological/biomedical or health sciences discipline
- Official transcripts from each institution attended
- Applicants should have a minimum grade-point average of 3.00.
- English Proficiency
- References (3)
- Questions — You will need to answer questions on the application that indicate whether you are applying to the MPS in Nutritional Sciences with or without the optional Experiential Track.
- Personal Statement — state why you have the abilities, experiences, skills, and knowledge to succeed in our program.
- Work/Volunteer Experience (for Experiential Track applicants only) — Documentation of 500 hours of work or volunteer experience completed within two years of application.
- DPD Verification Statement (for Experiential Track applicants only) — For students with a bachelor’s degree from an ACEND accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD)
International15105 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1007 USD per credit during 24 months.
National15105 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1007 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.