The Nuclear Engineering program at Pennsylvania State University consistently ranks as one of the best in the nation, and with 15 years of successful online education, that excellence carries over to the online program offered through Penn State World Campus. By learning online, you can earn your master's while you work, to advance your education — and your career.
The need for qualified nuclear engineers is expected to increase as energy consumption continues to grow. Countries throughout the world increasingly rely on their nuclear power plants for fuel production, to reduce their dependence on oil and the environmental impacts of fossil-fired fuel. Hundreds of additional nuclear scientists and engineers will also be needed each year in the United States to fill the demand in a variety of fields such as medicine, manufacturing, agriculture, and security.
Graduates can work for development laboratories, electrical utility companies, colleges and universities, nuclear power plants, engineering design firms, factories that make nuclear equipment, and private and governmental research, energy, and defense agencies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Nuclear and Radiochemistry
- Radioactive Waste Control
- Design Principles of Reactor Systems
- Power Plant Simulation
- Radiation and Measurement Detection Lab
- Reactor Core Thermal–Hydraulics
- Nuclear Materials
- Radiological Safety
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 28 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in United States
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a tertiary (postsecondary) degree that is deemed comparable to a four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.
- A copy of an official transcript from each institution attended, regardless of the number of credits or semesters completed.
- All applicants are expected to have earned a junior/senior grade-point average of 3.0 or higher.
- English Proficiency
- References (3)
- Statement of Purpose — a one- to two-page statement of purpose outlining personal career goals and reasons for wanting to enroll in the program.
International33630 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1121 USD per credit during 12 months.
National33630 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1121 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.