We offer a master degree in Teacher Education at the University of California, Riverside. Through relevant coursework and valuable fieldwork with partner school districts, our programs train aspiring teachers to serve schools through social justice oriented, community engaged frameworks.
In addition to developing pedagogical skill and rigorous content knowledge that align with Common Core State Standards, our programs train teachers to use theory to guide practice, approach teaching using collaborative and co-teaching models, practice restorative justice and models of authentic care, and integrate arts and technology across disciplines.
Students participate in professional development activities including a Mock-Interview Day, resume critiques with district representatives and educators, and an annual UCR Teacher Job Fair exclusive for student teachers and alumni.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- You can choose to earn a California teaching credential only, or you can simultaneously earn a combined Master's in Education and credential in just over a year.
- We encourage you to review our programs, and request more information or contact an advisor to decide which program best aligns with your career goals.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 3778 other Masters in Education in United States
- A bachelor's degree, or its equivalent, from an accredited institution. The degree must represent the completion of a program equivalent in subject matter and scholarship to that offered by the University of California.
- A minimum of a 3.0 undergraduate GPA or B-equivalent (if GPA is not on a 4.0 scale). We recommend that you check with the graduate program as they may have a higher standard for their GPA requirements. If your GPA is below this, follow up with the graduate program you are interested. Applications are reviewed in their entirety and the program can look at your other components and advise you on potential admission.
- All applications are initially reviewed by the graduate program before a recommendation is submitted to the Graduate Division for final approval. Please visit your the graduate program's website you are interested in for any program specific requirements.
International17696 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8848 USD per semester during 12 months.
National17696 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8848 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State7628 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3814 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Riverside
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.