Opportunities at Design Research Degree at De Montfort University
- Design and New Product Development is a multidisciplinary research group focused on design for a wide range of sustainable products. Our pioneering research is practice led and often carried out collaboratively with commercial and public agencies.
- We embrace sustainable technology, digital manufacturing, history and theory of design, and spatial design, with a focus on product, furniture and interior design, fashion and footwear, design crafts, and social dimensions of design. Key areas include design for industry, innovations in packaging, historical/cultural issues in design, and retail, consumer and technology.
- Textile Engineering and Materials undertakes multidisciplinary research in four key areas: textile products and processing; enzymes and sustainable technologies; agriculture and natural fibres; and material performance and design. Our expertise ranges widely, from high-performance textiles, nanotechnology and smart wearables to environmentally friendly textiles, aerospace and military textiles, and protective clothing.
DMU is committed to supporting the development of its Early Career Researchers. More information of the training and development available can be found throughout this section and details of those courses particularly aimed at Early Career Research staff can be found here. The development of research students rests with the Doctoral College.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Training Needs Analysis
- Formal Review
- Annual Review
- Progress Reports
- Thesis Submission
- The Viva Voce Examination
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design Graphic Design View 108 other Masters in Graphic Design in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
In order to be admitted as a candidate for a research degree an applicant shall normally:
- Possess a UK Honours degree with at least an upper second class honours, or an academic or professional qualification which the University deems to be equivalent (eg. an overseas qualification); and
- Demonstrate competence in the use of the English language to the satisfaction of the University.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12200 GBP per year and a duration of .
EU/EEA4407 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4407 GBP per year and a duration of .
Part time fees:
- EU/EEA - £2,204 per year.
- NON-EU/EEA - £6,100 per year.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.