The Fine Arts program of Otis College of Art and Design emphasizes interdisciplinary critical dialogue and lifelong learning within our intimate community. Our Art + Social Practice emphasis is an optional concentration that explores and encourages collaboration and builds skills to work in the social field.
You will be simultaneously supported and challenged. In Critique, you will learn to discuss your own and others’ work and attempt to locate it within wider cultural debates. Individual studio meetings with faculty will offer you one-on-one conversations on work in progress, ideas, readings, or plans. In Art History and Theory seminars you will read, write, discuss, and consider various histories, methodologies, and frames of thought. Professional Practices will prepare you to sustain a lifelong practice. Our Visiting Artist Lecture Series brings distinguished artists, curators, and thinkers into close dialogue with students. Studies culminate in a written thesis and final MFA exhibition.
All full-time graduates work in their own individual studios located at the graduate campus in Culver City. Residencies in Paris, Mexico City, and Anderson Ranch in Colorado are exclusively reserved for Otis graduate students and alums. A fellowship with the Armory Center for the Arts in Pasadena is also available to Otis graduates.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Special Topics in Art History
- Graduate Critique
- Graduate Studio
- Critical Theory and Practice
- Special Topics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 593 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application
- $50 application fee
- Statement - Please describe how you are hoping to advance your work through graduate study at Otis College
- Transcripts - Official transcripts are required from any college or university where you pursued undergraduate study and where you earned your bachelor’s degree
- Portfolio - Submit 15-20 images
- Letters of Recommendation (optional) - Up to three letters of recommendation can be submitted through the online application, but are optional
- English Proficiency Exam
- Interview (by request) - Departments may request interviews over video conference as a part of the application process
International46500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23250 USD per semester during 24 months.
National46500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23250 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Abbeville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.