Preparation for specialized ministries such as religious education, youth ministry, pastoral care, liturgy coordinators, and/or pastoral administration.Concentrations
Students who choose to do so may develop their own concentration in a certain area of study within the curriculum of the degree. Three areas of concentration are offered regularly: Scripture, Spirituality and Hispanic Ministry. Other areas may be developed through academic advisement.
A concentration consists of two elements:
- At least 7 hours of study in the chosen area, which may include core courses.
- The final project addressing a topic within the chosen area of concentration.
- Church History II: Holy Roman Empire to the Present
- Scriptural Hermeneutics
- Foundations of Moral Theology
- Christology: Jesus Christ and Human Redemption
- Theology of Church and Ministry
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 114 other Masters in Christian Studies in United States
- Complete the online application and payment form
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges attended
- Goals and Objectives Form
- Biographical Information Form
- Three recommendations, on forms provided by the School, attesting to the candidate’s religious, moral, and intellectual qualifications for ministry
- If necessary, submit official score reports from the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or Graduate Records Examination (GRE). International Students whose native language is not English must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) to begin Full-Time studies. Test results must be sent directly to the school. Students who have earned an MA are exempt from these tests.
International680 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 680 USD per credit and a duration of .
National680 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 680 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.