School Counseling from North American University prepares students to become a skilled school counselor for K-12 schools, helping students in group and individual counseling.
Coursework features individual and group counseling theories to help, support and advocate for all students, applying research for data- driven decisions, research methods in support of school counseling programs, legal issues and ethical principles, and developing the design implementation, management, and evaluation of a comprehensive developmental school counseling program.
Graduates with School Counseling from North American University will be able to:
- Appreciate the need for observing legal and ethical practices in counseling
- Provide students with knowledge of learning theories and human development across lifespan.
- Recognize the relationship between human growth and development and options for counseling interventions
- Use individual and group counseling techniques to facilitate treatment planning and implementation for diverse student populations
- Research career development options and create a personal career plan.
- Understand the various roles of the school counselor, including standards and behaviors as defined in Texas Education Agency’s Comprehensive and Developmental Guidance and Counseling Program.
- Individual Counseling Theories and Techniques
- Counseling Children and Adolescents
- Multicultural Counseling
- Developmental Guidance and Counseling
- Career development and Counseling
- Group and Family Counseling Theories and Techniques
- Mental Health & Community Counseling
- Counseling for Special Population
- Ethical, Legal, and Professional Issues in Education
- 14 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSchool Counselling View 111 other Masters in School Counselling in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official Transcripts of all academic work completed at the bachelor level or beyond (an official sealed copy of the transcript(s) indicating the completion of a Bachelor’s degree, may also be received electronically from the issuing institution).
- Copy of your complete course evaluation (if undergraduate degree was earned outside the US a course by course analysis is required of the undergraduate transcript by an evaluation company).
- Copy of your current ID
- Letter of Intent
- Curriculum Vitae
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
International19049 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 463 USD per credit during 14 months.
National19049 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 463 USD per credit during 14 months.
In-State10861 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 264 USD per credit during 14 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.