The result is curriculum that provides a broad knowledge of current issues, research, and theory in the design of healthcare interiors that is applied in focused studio experiences.
Areas of Study
Courses include knowledge in research methods, history and theory of healthcare, environmental and behavioral studies, and applied design. Sustainable design and lighting research focused on healthcare environments are integral parts of the course of study. Additionally, the program will familiarize students with the business side of healthcare; Why projects are started, how they are financed, how they are implemented in healthcare institutions and the role of interior designers in the project continuum.
The Healthcare Interior Design program of the New York School of Interior Design prepares students to begin working in interior design firms focused on healthcare, Interior design groups within healthcare institutions or other related fields. The research component prepares students to join healthcare research groups within design firms or groups such as the Center for Health Design support research of healthcare environments. Note: completion of this program does not lead to licensure in architecture or interior design.
- You can enroll full-time (completing the degree in one year) or part-time
- All classes are offered in the evenings
- The program is open to anyone with a degree in interior design or architecture. Related fields will be considered if accompanied by a portfolio showing aptitude
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Survey of Healthcare Environments
- Research Methods
- History & Theory of Healthcare
- Programming for Healthcare Environments
- Materials, Textiles, and Furnishings for Healthcare Settings
- Healthcare Studio
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Health Management Interior Design View 532 other Masters in Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You must submit a non-refundable application fee of $60 for domestic students or $100 for international students.
- Applicants must submit a personal, typed statement, roughly one page in length, describing their reasons for applying to NYSID and their educational and professional goals.
- All applicants must submit two letters of recommendation.
- Applicants who have graduated from a U.S. high school within the past five years must submit results from either the SAT test or the ACT test.
- A bachelor's degree in interior design, architecture or a closely related field.
- Proof of English Proficiency.
International38250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1275 USD per credit during 12 months.
National38250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1275 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.