All classes are offered in the evenings and on weekends, and you can enroll full-time, part-time, or study online with live classes delivered via video-conferencing.
Intended for those working in the design or architecture professions, the program provides students with a thorough grounding in the best practices in environmentally informed designs for the interior. Students become knowledgeable on topics tested by the LEED and WELL exams. Upon completion of the MPS-S program and with further study and experience, students are in a position to sit for LEED AP and WELL AP Accreditation — two highly sought-after credentials.
During the The Sustainable Interior Environments program of the New York School of Interior Design students are exposed to a wide range of topics, research methods, integrated design development methodologies, and sustainable project management practices. Course work addresses the history and theory of sustainability, principles of sustainable materials, natural and artificial lighting and control systems, and integrated environmental systems design. It also covers indoor air quality as well as green textiles, furnishings, and decorative elements. The program includes two studio courses designed to integrate acquired knowledge and research while exploring both residential and nonresidential environments.
- The program can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis
- All classes are in the evenings and on weekends
- The program is offered onsite and online (live classes delivered via videoconferencing at set class times)
- Requires a degree in interior design, architecture, engineering, or a closely related field and an advanced portfolio
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History & Theory of Sustainability in the Interior Environment
- Fundamentals of Sustainable Design
- Materials and Finishes for the Sustainable Interior
- Principles of Sustainable Lighting for Interiors
- Sustainable Studio I — Residential Environments
- Sustainable Interior Design Process
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Sustainable Development Interior Design View 54 other Masters in Interior Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You must submit a non-refundable application fee of $60 for domestic students or $100 for international students.
- Applicants must submit a personal, typed statement, roughly one page in length, describing their reasons for applying to NYSID and their educational and professional goals.
- All applicants must submit two letters of recommendation.
- Applicants who have graduated from a U.S. high school within the past five years must submit results from either the SAT test or the ACT test.
- A bachelor's degree in interior design, architecture or a closely related field.
- Proof of English Proficiency.
International1275 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1275 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1275 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1275 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.