Participate in an interdisciplinary online master’s program that integrates theories, methods and practices from the arts, humanities and social sciences.
With Athabasca University’s Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies - Heritage and Social History, you will learn to think holistically, critically and reflectively. You will find the connections and points of overlap between specialized and generalized knowledge. You will also learn problem-solving skills and policy-making strategies.
The Heritage and Social History focus area will provide a unique opportunity for students to study theoretical and applied issues in heritage and social history using an interdisciplinary approach.
Combining the fields of social history and heritage studies, this focus draws on the strengths of the History and Heritage Resource Management programs at Athabasca University to offer an interdisciplinary approach to the study of social traditions and institutions and historical patterns, with an emphasis (but not an exclusive focus) on Canadian history and heritage.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Issues in Heritage Resources Management
- Environment, Traditional Cultures, and Sustainability
- Advanced Methods in Heritage Research
- Industrial Heritage
- Heritage and Risk Management
- Architectural Conservation
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Master of Arts – Integrated Studies (MA-IS) Program invites applications from candidates who possess a baccalaureate degree and strong analytical, writing, and critical-thinking skills
- All students applying for admission into the MA-IS Program students must complete an Academic Writing Assessment as part of the application process.
International1859 CAD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1859 CAD per module and a duration of 24 months.
National1654 CAD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1654 CAD per module and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.