- The construction industry is changing as new materials and methods are implemented, alternative energy is becoming in-demand and other modern amenities are more commonplace. Project managers are also under pressure to adhere to deadlines and keep costs at, or below, estimated costs. As commercial, governmental, industrial, and residential construction increases in Western North Carolina and beyond, a demand for knowledgeable project managers is required.
- The Master of Construction Management program at the Western Carolina University is designed for project managers with a busy work schedule and provides a 30-semester hour program completely online. The curriculum focuses on an 18-semester hour core, covering subjects such as finance, sustainability, and legal issues and includes 12 semester hours of electives in topics such as construction forensics and land development. No thesis is required for this graduate program and the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is not required for admission to the program.
- M.C.M. graduates have the credentials to make them stand out from the crowd of other project managers and can help secure a job as a construction or project manager, cost engineer, estimator and other jobs in the construction industry. The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports the average salary for construction mangers is $94,590 and projects job opportunities to grow 16% by 2022.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Construction Management curriculum include:
- Sustainability in Construction
- Leadership in Construction Management
- Advanced Construction Finance
- Advanced Legal Issues in Construction
- Computer Applications in Construction
- Research Methods in Construction
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
App Deadline: One Week Prior To Term
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Real Estate & Property Management View 13 other Masters in Real Estate & Property Management in United States
- The MCM program admits prospective students year-round, and applicants can start the program any semester: spring, summer or fall.
- In addition to the university's Graduate School Admission Requirements, applicants must have earned a GPA of no less than 3.0 on undergraduate courses. Exceptions can be made for applicants with extensive work experience. A current resume must be included at the time of application along with at least one letter of recommendation; interviews may be requested. Computer literacy is a necessary prerequisite.
International20438 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10219 USD per semester during 24 months.
National20438 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10219 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State10030 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5015 USD per semester during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.