- Businesses, public sector organizations, and non-profits are always in need of graduate-level accountants. There are a wide-range of jobs available in banking, auditing, bookkeeping, purchasing, management opportunities and more. Western Carolina University prepares its graduate students with academic foundations while providing the practical experience needed to meet requirements for Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensure. The College of Business is fully accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business-International Association for Management Education.
- Students will also receive the 150-hours of experience necessary to satisfy AICPA and state board requirements for CPA licensure. Full-time students are eligible to apply for graduate assistantships that provide practical experience in research, teaching and administrative roles. Full-time students can complete the program in 12 to 18 months while part-time enrollees can finish in 24 months.
- Western Carolina University is proud to have its Master of Accountancy Program alumni working for internationally, regionally and locally prestigious employers such as PricewaterhouseCoopers, Bank of America, Volvo, Mission Hospitals, Gould Killian and Biltmore Company. The program provides ample opportunities for networking at various events featuring representatives from employers from across Western North Carolina. The Bureau of Labor Statistics states the average salary for accountants is $73,670 and predicts the job field with grow by 13% by 2022.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Accountancy curriculum include:
- Accounting Theory and Research
- Accounting Theory and Practice
- Advanced Accounting Theory and Practice
- Income Tax Theory and Applications
- Advanced Accounting Information Systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesAccounting Auditing Business Information Systems View 232 other Masters in Business Information Systems in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Transcripts: Applicants who earned a degree from an institution outside the United States must have their transcripts evaluated by an accepted foreign credential evaluation service
- Standardized Tests: GRE, GMAT, or other standardized test results
- Language Proficiency: Official scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the academic version of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) are required for applicants from countries where English is not the primary language.
International20438 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10219 USD per semester during 24 months.
National20438 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10219 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State10030 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5015 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Asheville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.