The mission of the Master of Arts in Higher Education (MHE) at Elon University is to prepare leaders equipped with the tools to create and execute institutional mission, vision and priorities, and support college students in their learning and development. This program prepares higher education professionals who will lead institutions of higher education with optimism, integrity, knowledge, passion, skill and respect for the diversity of humanity. Graduates will be proactive leaders, mentors and advocates for social justice and ethical decision makers.
The MHE is a 36-hour program that features a theory-to-practice curriculum designed to link high impact practices with an engaged learning pedagogy. Students will gain knowledge through:
- Paid apprenticeships and other experiences integrated within and connected to coursework
- Instruction and mentoring by higher education professionals who serve in a variety of roles in a university setting
- Study Abroad/Study USA experience
- Internships that enable students to practice skills acquired in the classroom in a wide variety of settings
- Monthly colloquia on emerging and current topics in higher education
- A capstone experience
- Emphasis on career readiness, culminating in a national conference
As a collaborative, inclusive community of students, faculty and staff, Elon values advocacy for social justice. We foster respect for human differences, passion for a life of learning, personal integrity, and an ethic of work and service. The MHE will reflect and embrace the ethical and professional standards of the School of Education through its curriculum, instruction, experiences and activities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Higher Education
- Student Engagement and High Impact Practices
- Transition to Adulthood in the Context of College and Culture
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Adult Education View 146 other Masters in Adult Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Two letters of recommendation – one from a faculty member who can speak to the quality of your academic skills and writing, and one from a supervisor or mentor associated with a recent work or leadership role
- A completed application with a $60 nonrefundable fee
- Personal Statement
International15454 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15454 USD per year during 24 months.
National15454 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15454 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Elon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.