Contemporary Performance from Manhattan School of Music is an advanced graduate program dedicated to preparing musicians to thrive as artists working on the forefront of contemporary classical music.
The CPP season performances present highly-crafted performances of 20th- and 21st–century masterpieces. Concerts feature both newly written works and collaborations with established and emerging living composers as well as core 20th-century repertoire by composers such as Webern, Schoenberg, Ives, Varèse, Cage and Ligeti. The program collaborates regularly with MSM faculty composers and the Composition department to develop and premiere new works.
The Contemporary Performance program of Manhattan School of Music is lead by Artistic Director and Chair Margaret Kampmeier.
Contemporary Performance Majors
- Double Bass
- Major Instrument Seminar
- Composer/Reading Workshop
- Contemporary Ensemble
- Contemporary Musicianship
- Performing with Electronics
- Contemporary Music Survey
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Late applications are accepted on a case-by-case basis depending upon the program and various circumstances.
DisciplinesMusic Musicology View 1069 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- If your first language is not English, you will be required to take our in-house English Assessment during audition week
- We recommend that you upload unofficial transcripts and proof of degree(s) to the online application for the initial phase of the admission process. You must submit your transcripts in the original language and in English.
- All applicants who have completed their online application and passed prescreening (if applicable) must audition in order to be admitted to MSM.
- If you are offered admission to MSM, you will receive details on how to apply for a student visa with your acceptance. You will be required to apply for the SEVIS Form I-20.
International51500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 51500 USD per year during 24 months.
National51500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 51500 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.