The programs of study for majors in the Guitar program of Manhattan School of Music are designed to develop skilled performers who are thoroughly acquainted with the history, literature, and pedagogy of the guitar. Guitar majors will demonstrate their advancing musical abilities and knowledge of solo and chamber music repertoire through participation in performance classes and ensembles.
In addition to studies with our expert faculty, students are provided additional opportunities to play for and observe world-renowned guest artists. Recent master classes in this department have included Pepe Romero, David Russell, Manuel Barrueco, Eduardo Fernandez, Benjamin Verdery, Paul Galbraith, Sharon Isbin, Oscar Ghiglia, and Fabio Zanon.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Guitar History and Literature
- Music History Electives
- Guitar Performance Seminar
- Chamber Music
- Concert Attendance
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- If your first language is not English, you will be required to take our in-house English Assessment during audition week
- We recommend that you upload unofficial transcripts and proof of degree(s) to the online application for the initial phase of the admission process. You must submit your transcripts in the original language and in English.
- All applicants who have completed their online application and passed prescreening (if applicable) must audition in order to be admitted to MSM.
- If you are offered admission to MSM, you will receive details on how to apply for a student visa with your acceptance. You will be required to apply for the SEVIS Form I-20.
International48280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 48280 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National48280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 48280 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.