LSTC’s curriculum cultivates competencies for leadership in a public church that focuses on community engagement, public witness, and social transformation. Our holistic approach to theological education breaks academic disciplines out of their silos and allows creative collaboration to flourish.
MAM students take 8 Orienting and Deepening Courses and 8 additional Pathway Courses for a total of 16 courses that cover all areas of competency. Coursework for the MAM can be completed in two years. Students pursuing a call to the ELCA’s roster of Word and Service must also complete 600 hours of field work.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Cultural Context: Public Church I, Ethics
- Religious Heritage: Scripture I or II, History and Theology I or II, Grace Incarnate: Lutheran Confessions
- Ministerial Leadership: Ministerial Leadership I or II
- Spiritual Formation: Spiritual Formation I
- Summative Evaluation or Diaconal Ministry Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 692 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s Degree (any field of study) from an accredited college or university
- Average 3.0 GPA or above on a 4.0 scale
- Application for Admission
- Autobiographical Statement of approx. 800-1,000 words.
- Official Transcripts from all institutions where you have completed academic work since high school.
- References from three people using the Master's recommendation form [PDF].
International17550 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17550 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National17550 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17550 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.