Luther Seminary and its faculty aspires through its Master of Theology program to assist students in achieving the following learning outcomes:
- Students will develop information research skills appropriate to the field
- Students in Pastoral Care and Congregational Mission and Leadership undertaking thesis projects involving social scientific research will develop capacity at the Th.M. level to effectively utilize social scientific research methodology
- Students shall develop the capacity to think critically
- Students will develop the capacity to write clearly and effectively
The current areas of degree concentration are:
- Bible (Old or New Testament)
- Congregational and Community Care (Clinical Pastoral Theology)
- Congregational Mission and Leadership
- History of Christianity
- Mission and World Religions
- Pastoral Theology and Ministry (Composite degree concentration involving courses in congregational and community care, congregational leadership, children and youth ministry, educational leadership, preaching, and worship)
- Systematic Theology/Ethics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 671 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
- You must have a previous graduate-level theological degree from an accredited theological school. This could be a Master of Arts (in theological studies), Master of Divinity, or Bachelor of Divinity degree (or its equivalent).
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0+ on a 4.0 scale for the first degree(s) in theology
- Congregational and Community Care applicants only: One unit of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) in an approved, accredited program is a prerequisite for admission to the Congregational and Community Care area of study
International2325 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2325 USD per module during 24 months.
National2325 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2325 USD per module during 24 months.
- $2,325 / Course
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.