There are two tracks from the Studies in Lutheran Ministries - Affiliated Track program at Luther Seminary. The affiliated track is for students who have an M.Div. degree from a non-ELCA seminary and need to complete an ELCA internship as well as one year of residence at a Lutheran seminary in preparation for ordination in the ELCA.
- The non-affiliated track is for students who are involved or plan to be involved in ministry in an ELCA context for Word and Service ministry, Synodically Authorized Ministers (SAMs), musicians, para-church professionals and non-profit leaders.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 155 other Masters in Christian Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Transcripts: Please request official transcripts from every college or university from which you have received credit.
- Resume: Please submit a resume with relevant vocational, ministry, leadership and service experience (no more than 2 pages) – you will submit this through your online application portal.
- Recommendations: At the time of submitting your online application, you will be asked to provide contact information for three recommenders.
- Authorization for release form – you will submit this through your online application portal.
- ELCA only – Email confirmation from your candidacy committee that your entrance interview has been scheduled with indicated date of entrance interview
International1850 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1850 USD per module during 24 months.
National1850 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1850 USD per module during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.