Established by former department chair, and International Technological University founder, Dr. Shu-Park Chan, the program offers students the chance to work with industry-connected faculty on hands-on real-world projects. It offers degrees in Masters in Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering, as well as a PhD degrees in Electrical Engineering. Programs have been well defined to provide students up-to-date knowledge and practical skills that put career success at the forefront.
Dr. May Huang assumed the role of Department Chair when Dr. Chan retired in 2008. The faculty has changed due to the retirement of professors, but the standard of quality established by Dr. Chan still remains today. ITU’s Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering curriculum is updated yearly to match engineering advances and market demands.
The department’s chip design environment is built by industry standards and offers students the real world training they’ll need for their career. Practical course projects are developed to strengthen students’ hands-on techniques and skills, and cutting-edge researches encourage students in innovation and entrepreneurship.
Computer Engineering program Learning Outcomes
- Fundamentals: Explain current and emerging technologies in Chip Design or System Design in electrical engineering.
- Engineering Ability: Demonstrate an understanding of established and emerging engineering techniques, and problem-solving skills.
- Research Ability: Conduct independent research to solve challenges in electrical engineering.
- Career Responsibility: Apply professional ethics in the definition, planning, and execution of engineering projects.
- Critical Thinking: Analyze spectrum to make evidence-based choices between various engineering paradigms and alternative options.
- Communication Skills: resent technical issues clearly in oral and written communications.
- Teamwork: Support team effort through collaboration to achieve project goals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principle of Internet of Things
- Deep Learning in Engineering
- Advanced Digital Image Processing
- Distributed Computing
- Bioelectronics and Bioengineering
- Embedded System Design
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences View 1607 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 2.75, or a Master’s degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) examination: score of 72 or better for the internet-based test (iBT). All applicants whose native language is not English and who did not receive either a bachelor’s or graduate degree from an English-speaking institution must take an English proficiency test.*
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) examination: band score of 6.0 or better for the academic module. Demonstrated commitment to contribute to and complete the program
International12600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 700 USD per credit during 24 months.
National12600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 700 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for San Jose
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.