Courses provide the student with a comprehensive understanding of Aristotelian and Thomistic ethics. Topics include the fonts of morality, natural law, the nature of virtue, medical ethics, and sexual ethics.
- To teach students about the main ethical theories concerning acts and virtues in Western philosophy with a special emphasis on Thomistic ethics.
- To examine and refute ethical skepticism and relativism.
- To allow for the study of texts that lay out the main pros and cons about ethical issues such as social justice, abortion, war and peace, and sexual ethics.
- To explain philosophical truths underlying Catholic Church teachings.
- Students will be able to identify the theories behind popular opinions about ethical norms.
- Students will be able to explain the problems with theories of skepticism and relativism.
- Students will show that they understand the pros and cons of major issues of our times and how philosophical ethical truths underlie Catholic teachings.
- Natural Law
- Sexual Ethics
- Political Philosophy
- Catholic Social Teachings
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics View 19 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United States
- Official copies of all transcripts from all schools attended, sent directly by the schools to the address below. Applications will not be processed until official copies of transcripts have been received.
- Whereas the mission of Holy Apostles College & Seminary is “to cultivate lay, consecrated and ordained Catholic leaders for the purpose of evangelization”, please submit a typed essay of approximately 500 words expressing your motivation to become a member of the Holy Apostles academic community.
- One letter of reference from each of the following: 1. A recent educator, guidance counselor or academic/professional mentor 2. A Catholic priest/Religious or other religious leader
International320 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 320 USD per credit and a duration of .
National320 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 320 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!