The program is designed to prepare men and women for ministry, teaching philosophy, religion or theology, for a subsequent Post Master’s Certificate in Theology, or for licentiate or doctoral work. Classes also serve as enrichment for persons in other professions wanting to deepen understanding of their faith or seeking to integrate their faith into their daily lives.
Students may pursue one of five concentrations within the philosophy program, and these include Christian Wisdom, Ethics, General Studies, History of Philosophy and Systematic Philosophy.
Degree Program Goals:
- To educate students in the history, major topics, and intellectual habits of Western philosophy, especially (a) in the rich diversity of the Catholic tradition, (b) in the distinctively Catholic ways of understanding the relationship between faith and reason, and (c) with consistent attention to the work of St. Thomas Aquinas
- to develop in students a coherent and detailed knowledge of their philosophical concentration, its developing methodologies, its current literature, its history, its major theoretical constructs, and its classical and current problems and insights
- to train students in the skills of academic research in philosophy, including the use of traditional and new media resources, as well as in the academic practices and styles common in the discipline
- to foster in students a deep comprehension of contemporary cultures and their philosophical roots, for the purposes of constructive dialogue, sound critical discernment, and participation in the work of Catholic evangelization
More informationVisit official programme website
- Philosophical Anthropology
- Logic and Epistemology
- Philosophy of Nature and Metaphysics
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics View 18 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United States
- Official copies of all transcripts from all schools attended, sent directly by the schools to the address below. Applications will not be processed until official copies of transcripts have been received.
- Whereas the mission of Holy Apostles College & Seminary is “to cultivate lay, consecrated and ordained Catholic leaders for the purpose of evangelization”, please submit a typed essay of approximately 500 words expressing your motivation to become a member of the Holy Apostles academic community.
- One letter of reference from each of the following: 1. A recent educator, guidance counselor or academic/professional mentor 2. A Catholic priest/Religious or other religious leader
International320 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 320 USD per credit and a duration of .
National320 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 320 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.