From harsh sentencing laws and mass incarceration to pill mills and the opioid epidemic, our criminal justice system faces unparalleled challenges that affect broad cross-sections of society. While the need for reform may be obvious, a plan for much-needed change is not.
Enter a new generation of criminal justice leadership. With Franklin University’s transfer-friendly M.A. in Criminal Justice Administration, graduates will be prepared to apply criminal justice theory to develop effective and sustainable programs. By evaluating critical issues in criminal justice administration and management, forward-thinking professionals will be able to formulate reform plans that are relevant to all participants in the system – citizens, victims, defendants, law enforcement and the courts. For early and mid-career practitioners, a master’s degree can be stepping stone to promotion. For more seasoned professionals, the M.A. in Criminal Justice Administration is a valuable pathway to teaching at the community college level after retirement.
Franklin’s M.A. in Criminal Justice Administration prepares you to build leadership skills in relevant areas of crime analysis, advanced policing and crime control, victimology, advanced penology, and intelligence analysis. By learning to apply best-practice theories of crime causation and prevention from psychological, sociological and biological perspectives, you will sharpen your analytical and problem-solving skills and prepare for advancement in a variety of local, state, federal or nonprofit agencies. As part of your coursework, you will examine current-day challenges and learn to develop real solutions suited for the complexities of a decentralized criminal justice system.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Effective Administration of Justice
- Adult and Juvenile Systems of Justice
- Grant Writing
- 14 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCriminal Law View 90 other Masters in Criminal Law in United States
- Submit your online application using an email address that you check regularly. After you’ve applied, you’ll receive login information by email so you can track your application’s progress.
- Apply for admission to Franklin University any time. Because our admission process for international students includes several steps to ensure a successful start, we encourage you to apply as early as possible -- at least 8 weeks before your program’s start date.
- Request your official transcripts from post-secondary institutions located in the U.S. and have them submitted directly to Franklin University’s Office of Transfer and Articulation.
International670 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 670 USD per credit and a duration of 14 months.
National670 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 670 USD per credit and a duration of 14 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.