The Taxation program at Goldey-Beacom College is designed for practicing accountants and lawyers, financial managers and planners, and those accounting majors entering into the field of taxation. Special emphasis is placed on technical competence in applications of the current tax law as well as tax research.
The program is designed to prepare graduates for careers in the public and private sectors; including public accounting, and tax planning, but will not in and of itself qualify any persons to sit for the CPA exam.
Upon successful completion of the Master of Science in Taxation degree, students will:
- exhibit an advanced mastery of preparation of the form 1040.
- demonstrate proficiency in taxation topics such as computing taxable income and tax of an individual, calculating capital gains and losses, determining losses and deductions to arrive at AGI and itemized deductions, understanding the passive loss rules and Sec 1244 losses, calculating casualty, theft and bad debt losses, determining allowable employee business expenses, understanding concepts of tax depreciation and amortization, understanding acting.period and acting.method rules, and determining TPs allowable credits.
- demonstrate their value by securing employment in their chosen field.
- demonstrate the ability to succeed in their careers through preparedness in the field, leadership abilities, and a heightened sense of social responsibility and ethics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Basic Taxation
- Multi-State Taxation
- Tax Research and Communications
- Taxation of Corporations
- Taxation of Estates, Gifts, and Trusts
- Taxation of Partnerships and S Corporations
- Taxation of Property-Real Estate/Like-Kind Exchanges
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesTaxation View 114 other Masters in Taxation in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed online application.
- An official copy of transcripts/statements of marks/academic records, detailing all university-level work and the diploma or degree certificate. Documents in a language other than English must be accompanied by certified English translations.
- A Bank Statement and/or Affidavit of Support, which shows sufficient funds to finance the entirety of the academic program.
International1117 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1117 USD per credit and a duration of .
National1117 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1117 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.